Tuesday 26 June 2012

I'm BACK! with needles and hooks at the ready!

Where to begin I'm not sure! I guess I will start with my O w l s jumper. ITS FINISHED!!! I frogged it for ages when I realised I was four stitches short but after my exams in March I decided to pick it up again and finish it. Its sooo lovely and I'm so happy with it. Sadly I haven't quite had the chance to wear it (despite the 'summer' weather being cold, I thought it looked a bit to wintry to wear). So here it is!




On my last post that I posted picture on I said I was going to knit Ships & Seaside which the lovely Eilair on Ravelry had gifted to me! I got the yarn as a birthday present from my brother too So I knitted like crazy over christmas and finished... It is super warm and I got to wear it multiple times over the winter :D


Here I am wearing it on a trip to Beachy head.. and boy did I need it!

I also mentioned the Basket weave scarf from the Debbie Bliss magazine in the last post, well its not finish and its a slow knit. I'm not constantly working on it but it has proven useful to waste time on train journeys and such! One thing I must say is that I LOVE THE COLOURS!


and the pattern is awesome too!


Staying on scarfs... I also got a ball of Kidsilk haze stripe and knit a cowl from it. I chose the colour way circus as a love bright colours. It turns out that I can wear this as a ponch type thing, a top AND a skirt!!! but I will stick to wearing it as a cowl!


sorry for the poor photo


Oh and I just remembered I finished my toast scarf!!! Here it is in all of its toasty delight!



It was my best friends birthday recently and I decided to make her the Deer with antlers hat (which I got the pattern gifted to me by Ginargh on Ravelry for my birthday!). I used Debbie bliss Paloma yarn and boy oh boy is it lovely!!! I would love to make a jumper out of this yarn its like a little piece of heaven! I didn't have any yarn to felt for the antlers so I left it as a Doe!


I also decided to try out some colour work in the form of a Totoro Norwegian style glove  I may have given up for a while but I am pleased with how it is coming along!


OK so now I think I will switch to some amigurumi!!

Here is some from Teeny Tiny Mochimochi by Anna Hrachovec:




I made the volcano for a friend who was having a bad day


Another of my housemates had a birthday, and since she loves ants and is going to be doing a PhD on them I knitted her an ant from the book Amigurumi Knits by Hansi Singh. She loved it :)


Where I currently live at the moment campus is teaming with rabbits! They are everywhere!!! Which is probably the reason why they have become the logo for Silwoods music festival SILFEST. 

I WARN YOU NOW YOU MAY BE OFFENDED BY THE NEXT PICTURE... if so sorry 

This is the logo...


So I knitted some humping bunnies!!! (the top bunnie was knitted by my lovely housemate Adriana)


I also might sell some knitted bunnies if so this is what it might look like....


I also made the super cute cloud that Crochet Ninja recently posted for free on her awesome blog... Great pattern love it!



Last but not least I have brought the Star blanket, I started knitting last summer, to campus with me to finish for Dad...


Phew that was alot! and I think that was it!

Wait no I also knitted another Orchids and Fairy lights hat for my housemate.. I will try and get a picture of it and post it in another post.!

I will try and keep my blog updated again! (as long as uni doesn't become too hectic again!)

x











3 comments:

  1. Well what a busy bee you've been. They all fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Just to let you know, I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check my blog: http://crochet-shaz.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soooooooo want to make the Totoro gloves!!!!! But I don't knit. I shall have to learn.

    ReplyDelete